In your personal conduct, remember we believe in diversity. There is no place at UC for prejudice based on race, gender, sexuality, class or any other irrational citerion; nor will violence or harassment be tolerated under any circumstances.
- UC Commencement Ceremony | 2018
Our values serve to guide our actions and describe how we behave in the world. The University's Charter of Conduct and Values一本道最新高清无码 commits the University to inclusion and calls on us to demonstrate our "commitment to equity, diversity and social justice through our actions."
The university is committed to building a diverse community which reflects the diversity of the broader society in which we live. It is essential to the achievement of this aim that all employees commit themselves to the creation of a workplace environment that is not only free from discrimination on the grounds of race, gender, religion, disability, age, political persuasion, sexual preference or caring responsibility, but one which openly embraces such diversity.
- Charter of Conduct and Values | Clause B3
The University of Canberra has a number of objectives in place to continually work towards this vision.
- Improve employment opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander's at the University of Canberra, aiming to reach population parity with the ACT
- Continue to improve our gender equity statistics at all levels of the organisation
- Improve our academic promotions rates for women
- Champion employment opportunities for employees with disabilities
- Recognise, encourage and celebrate students from all sections of society
- Promote an environment that fosters fairness, equity and respect for social and cultural diversity
- Support students and staff to reach their full potential through the promotion of reasonable expectations and provision of an inclusive learning climate
- Provide a range of flexible working arrangements committed to supporting all employees and embracing the differences within our workforce.
Current diversity and inclusion initiatives at UC include:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Strategy Word and PDF formats
- Building on our status as an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- Athena Swan (Gender Equality in STEMM)